Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Made It!

After a couple of long flights I am finally in Indonesia. I am really excited to be here.

Below is a picture of the flight path from LAX (Los Angeles) to TPE (Taipei, Taiwan)


I arrived at LAX at about 5:30 and Ben and Ruth Kane got there at about 8 pm our flight did not leave until 1:30 am but we wanted to be sure to get there early in case there were any problems. I was there earlier because I had a friend Cliff drop me off after I we picked up my visa at the Consulate in Los Angeles. Here is a picture of us waiting to board our flight at LAX


Our plane stopped in Taipei just to refuel. Then we were off to Malaysia where we would have a lay over before going to Jakarta. Here is a picture of the flight path.



I Arrived in Jakarta yesterday. Right now I am at the NTM guesthouse in Jakarta. This Sunday I will be heading to Palu. That is the city where my visa was processed. After that I will be going to Salatiga which is where I will be learning the culture and language of the Indonesian people.

7 comments:

Jake Ketchum said...

That a boy James! Glad you guys made it safe and sound.

Unknown said...

Praise God! I'll spread the word that you made it safely.
Pam Johnson, Burley Bible Church

Ms. Sherman said...

You are in our prayers James! We miss you already. We are in your corner and praying for God's best.

Pastor Dale, Ruth, and Hannah

Cliff and Avie said...

We are glad you made it safe and sound. We enjoyed having you stay with us before your long trip! Have fun, learn well, and we'll see ya!!!

Holly's Homepage said...

We have been thinking and praying for you and the Kanes. We are so glad to hear you made it to your "new home".

6 Given 2 Jesus said...

Glad the Lord delivered all of you safely!

We're praying for ya...

in Christ,
Roland (for the Shafers)
2 Corinthians 3:4-6

Anonymous said...

James,

Your great great grandfather was a pastor. Your grandfathers brother (my father) was a priest.
It's a great thing you are doing and brings joy to the Leckrone name. We will pray for your safe travels.

God Bless ! Dan Leckrone